How I Plan to Price My Service

I’m going to price what I deliver by groups or “packages”. What I’m thinking is that as more equipment is added to the fray that the cost to produce will, for the most part, grow linearly. I understand that there will be a whole lot more intricacies to the cost to develop and produce this product than I’m imagining but for the purposes of this blog post I think I shall proceed with some semblance that I know what I’m talking about.
The packages will all cover the base fee of the main processing unit (whatever that may be), bulk wire (which will always be a flat rate since it’s relatively cheap), and the cost to physically send guys out there. The variable pricing comes with the added cost of man hours, the amount of devices to be individually powered, and any other add-ons that we deliver such as full home audio, solar power and battery, and automatic blinds. Before anything is started we will need to send people out to the home to see if the job is even possible. This will be free since nobody wants to pay money when there’s a chance they will just be told “no”.

Since I have very little idea of how much this costs I will build off the little knowledge I do have. I know that the sensors and wires will be fairly cheap. I know that the electricians will most likely be the cheapest employees we will have since we will most likely contract out the tearing down and rebuilding walls and things of the like. I’m thinking that the base package that covers an automatically starting generator, processing unit, and breaker-tied power controls excluding refrigerator and heater (which will be individually controlled) will cost somewhere around $15,000 with incremental increases based on what will come in different packages.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Three Business Ideas

One Panel at the South Sound Technology Conference